28 May 2008

A Bright Bald Future

I have decided that it is time to come to terms with the inevitable. In so doing, I invite you to join me as I embark on a lettered exploration and evaluation of my eminent future as a bald man.

Since the second year of my mission people have been telling my that I have been developing a bald spot on the crown of my head. Having always had a luscious mop of dark hair, I was reluctant to believe them at first. But as time has passed, and my hair cuts have become briefer and briefer, I have been led to believe in the observations of others. This being said, I am no longer in denial and admit openly that I have come to a realization of, and accept, my future baldness.

As such, I have given myself to speculation as to what the world will be like as a bald man. I figure that out of all the types of bald, the Patrick Stewart bald is the best. As I was reflecting on this, I began to realize how similar I look to Patrick Stewart. If you will please refer to the image above, you'll begin by noticing the chin. We share the same chin, with the same slight dimple in the middle. Granted, my cheeks still retain some baby fat, but given the time to age, the structural potential is there for the sunken cheek. You will proceed by noticing the similarities in the line of our cheek bones - practically identical. My nose has more of a hook to it, however, the nostrils have a striking similarity given the difference in aging. We share the same forehead and brow line, all of which leads me to think that I could indeed pull off an immaculate bald.

So it is no longer with reluctance that I glance towards my shiny lacquered future, but with complacent resignation. I will be bald, and I will be an excellent bald.

Many thanks to Tanya for helping me come to terms with my baldness.

3 comments:

Tanwon said...

Oh man, I'd rather help you come to the Patrick Stewart realization and not the baldness one. . . good job though. Since this is our blog are you going to write another blog about how I look similar to Michael Jackson? Although, I don't know what kind of similar fate we will have in common though (eeewww). Then again, maybe I should write something sometime. . . .hahaaha.

Shiloh said...

Thanks John. I know that many men facing immenant baldness will appreciate your honest treatment of this subject!

Michelle Glauser said...

Hilarious, hilarious. Then every morning when you step into the shower, you can say, "Beam me up, Scotty."