01 August 2010

Kurt Vonnegut

I haven't read anything by Kurt Vonnegut, but I found these quotes while looking at some postcards online. Any suggestions?


"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be."
from Mother Night, 1961
Back Reads: Pretend Carefully.

"If you can do no good, at least do no harm." from Slapstick 1976
Back Reads: Here's to doing some good.

"There's only one rule that I know of, babies-- God damn it, you've got to be kind." from God Bless You Mr. Rosewater, 1965
Back Reads: Here's to giving kindness, babies.

Front Reads: "I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center." from Player Piano, 1952
Back Reads: He nodded, "Big, undreamed-of things, the people on the edge see them
first."

0 comments: