14 March 2011

day 3

day 3: pet peeves


I couldn't think of any pet peeves so I googled it to see if I could gather some ideas.

I found the wikipedia definition (the most reliable of course): A pet peeve (or pet hate) is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to him or her, to a greater degree than others may find it.

Then I found a list of pet peeves. The first that I related to was the following, "Parents who bring their young kids to R rated films". Then I thought, shouldn't this bother most people? The type of material in an R rated film generally isn't the best for children to be exposed to just yet. They don't even have the capacity to rationalize the violence, vulgarity, sexuality that they are seeing.

Then again I hear Mothers scream all manner of profanities at their 2 year old for fumbling over themselves trying to get on the bus . . . and then they yell at everyone else for being horrified at their behavior. I think I found an annoyance, but not a pet peeve because I like to assume that everyone else would be annoyed by that. Even those that profess that vulgar language has no meaning or harm don't usually use it around children. That has to mean something right?

I used to hate this: Students who prolong class by asking the most inane questions.

Going through the drive thru, then having to go back when they screw your order up.

By the way, this site is called getannoyed.com. It totally follows through cause I'm gettin' annoyed!

Living in NY provides me with ample opportunity with this one: Whenever anyone says "Ya, know what I'm sayin"...

People that snoop.

I thought of one on my own! When someone asks you a question. You answer. And then the person next to you gives the exact same answer - acting as if it were entirely different! C'mon now!

Dirty keyboards.

Someone standing over my shoulder reading the computer screen.

When you bite into a jelly bean and it's a different flavor than what you thought it was.

Being the first one at any party.

The Pirates of the Carribbean series.

Websites with horizontal scrolling.

Consistent heavy metal music without any lyrics.

Yeah, this list could go on. It was fun to see all the things on the list that I do myself . . . or would like to do. Kind of like this one: whenever someone flips the light switch on say "and let there be light". Ha!




2 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Lately I feel like I've been surrounded by whining. Sure, I am very cynical of late, but the constant whiny-sounding whining is really grinding on me. And I'm not even a mom. Yikes.

TanyaG said...

I am too . . . except it's Sparky . . . it's Chinese water torture.