28 November 2010

Barefoot in the Park


John introduced me to Barefoot in the Park over the weekend. I was reluctant to watch it as I was in a grumpy mood due to my illness and a sprained ankle. As childish as it is, I continued this act throughout the movie. I held each laugh in while John thoroughly enjoyed himself.

I'm sure this scene sounds familiar to many couples. But I must ask that you stop in your haste, because there are layers. Oh are there layers. Well, only a few really. On top was my reluctance to watch the film. Go a little deeper and one would realize that my reluctance was only increased because I liked the film.

Go a little deeper and one would see that both John and I related to the film and couldn't help but think of our first year of marriage - which only made my reluctance deeper. He knew it when he decided to show the movie to me, and I knew he knew it but didn't want to admit it. If you're short on time watch the film from about 6:00 when the argument begins. Although I wouldn't consider myself as crazy as her, unfortunately my logic can occasionally fall into her harebrained category. If you wish to in part relive my slight humiliation please watch. Enjoy.

1 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

I'm putting it on my list. I want to see the whole thing. Hope your ankle gets better fast! My word verification is "buger." Ha ha.