20 November 2010

Home Organization


Truth is, I love home organization. I've often thought about offering to organize homes for free purely to practice the art of organization. Today I searched for a book that I perused in a grocery store a year ago on home organization but never bought. Instead I came upon a book called Organizing for Your Brain Type: Finding Your Own Solution to Managing Time, Paper, and Stuff. Which interests me because I've always thought that home organization should be fitted to the individual and accessible - which I believe more fully in now having lived with my husband. He is the ultimate home organization client. I've been brainstorming ways to make home organization accessible to his lifestyle. In the book I came across this quote:


"We carry such heavy loads, with so many things to do and see and learn. So many of my clients have so much reading material, trade journals, and health newsletters on their bedside table that it becomes impossible for them to relax. Today it seems that many people have more money than time and prefer things to experiences."

So true, so true. I'd like to live my life preferring experiences to things.

0 comments: