14 March 2011

The One Month Challenge Continues

So this diet thing has been hard . . . and the first day isn't even over yet. Luckily if I distract myself for longer than fifteen minutes I usually forget about the craving for a few hours. I have a terrible short-term memory.

I'm supposed to do cardio five times a week and it's already 9pm. I'm thinking this will be a Tuesday to Saturday thing. Lately I've been running more than I ever have. I'm pretty excited about it. The other day when I told John that I was going to the gym he provokingly said to run 8 miles. So I did . . . kind of. I did 3 miles on the elliptical at an 8:30 minute mile and then 5 miles at a 10:30 minute mile on the treadmill. And I still felt good afterwards, except for some joint pain. This week I think I'll try to alternate between 4 miles and 8 miles. I'd like to get to the point where running 4 miles a day is the norm.

For the past couple of years I've been buying madras lentils from tasty bite. They're a healthy vegetarian option with sugar found naturally in the other ingredients. I'm thinking about buying one of their combo kits that sell around $90.00 for 30 items. With the madras lentils I usually only have one out of the two servings. It would be a great deal to buy the combo kit to eat over the next month or to even keep as 3-month food storage.

Tut has been doing well and dealing with snack attacks by stuffing face with grapes and celery. I'm glad that she's motivated to do this as well. Otherwise I would have given up a few hours ago.

So that's the update. I may just make it to the end of the week! I'm convincing myself that the key to success in all of this is preparation. So I've put together a shopping list from a bunch of healthy Martha Stewart recipes I found online. If I have a lot of food options I more than likely will not panic and give into cravings. But as I said, it's only a theory.

More to come.


0 comments: